Want to search again?
Smith and Tissington
- Moor Market
- 0114 2722783
- Visit our Website
Mathew, Paul and Debra Tissington are the third generation of these fish, egg and poultry dealers who have been trading in the markets since 1960.
In over 50 years they have built up a portfolio of suppliers, choosing to deal direct rather than through a wholesale network.
- Their fish is within 24 hours of leaving the water
- Their poultry comes direct from their Red Tractor certified producer
- Their range of exotic fish comes from their direct links to Asia
- Their crab (fresh boiled crab, dressed crab, crab claws, crab legs, white crab meat and brown crab meat), freshly boiled whelks in the shell and winkles come directly from their Bridlington boatowner/supplier
- Their ducks are imported direct from Holland with equal quality to English duck at a cheaper price
- Their wide range of eggs - organic, free range, lion brand and bargain basement - are sourced from Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire
Their eggs are from colony hens, only from approved suppliers. They are all vaccinated against salmonella and they have a minimum of three fresh deliveries per week.
Smith and Tissington are always looking to improve their products and services. For example, they have brought the best whole salmon and fillets direct from the crystal clear lochs of Northern Scotland to the Moor Market.
Caring about their customers is at the heart of their business; buying the best products and selling at the lowest prices.
Trading Area: The first shop in the line of butchers
Trading Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday