Back to Business
- 6 January 2016
- Moor Market
We hope you had an amazing Christmas and New Year! Now it’s back to work and back to business as usual in the markets. That means it’s time to put all those new resolutions you promised yourself into action - and the Moor Markets is here to help!
- Getting fit. Assuming all gym memberships and work-out DVD’s have been purchased ready to get back down to the pre-Christmas lunch weight, all we now need are the accessories to go along with them. The markets might seem an unlikely place for gym accessories but Bagsmore and Shoestop have got an amazing selection high quality running shoes and gym bags to make sure you look the part.
- Eat well. Trying to stick to your 5-a-day? Cutting down on meat or maybe adding more meat to your diet? Getting more adventurous with your cooking? With our vast array of butchers, deli’s, fishmongers, fruit & veg stalls, and café’s, the market is great place to make some adjustments to your diet for the new year - and save money on your shopping!
- Stop smoking. Electronic Cigarette World supplies a huge selection of e-cigs and liquids - perfect to help you kick the habit. Also, both Amȯȯr and Herbal & Massage will be giving consultations to support you if you want to stop smoking completely.
- Take up a hobby. Have you been watching The Great British Bake Off and think this might be your year to take-up baking? You can get all your ingredients in the markets at stalls such as S&J’s Pantry, Your Choice, Continental Foods, and Aloma Foods. If you ask our traders they may even share their favourite recipes! If sewing or knitting is the skill you want to tackle in 2016, head for Grace’s Fabrics and Sew-Rite as they have all the tools and knowledge to get you started.
- Earn more money. Have you got a great business idea that you think could do well in the market? Come and talk to a member of the markets team for more information on how you can rent a traditional market barrow, or a space on the pop-up pantry, or set up your very own stall.
Hopefully we’ve ticked off most of the New Year’s promises. If you have any more obscure New Year’s resolutions, then let us know and we’ll see if we have a trader in the market that can help you keep it up through 2016.
Remember, if you want to share your experience of the markets, a recipe or even just something you’ve created with the markets and Sheffield as your main source of inspiration then please email Roman.Dennis@sheffield.gov.uk because we’d love to hear from you and include you in our next blog post.
If you are a blogger, writer, or budding journalist and would like to contribute to our blog please email Roman.Dennis@sheffield.gov.uk
Latest Blog Post
- 27 March 2017
- Moor Market